There are five basic assumptions which underlie the Grassroots School approach to education:
- Feelings and Emotions (i.e. the “affective domain”) are as important in a person’s development as the cognitive and physical domains.
- The mind is naturally inquisitive, and such inquisitiveness must be allowed and encouraged to the fullest extent possible.
- All knowledge is interrelated.
- Each person is unique and it is fundamental in an educational setting to fully respect and honor this uniqueness.
- We are all responsible for and dependent upon each other.